Titanfall 2 - Mission 02 - "Blood and Rust"
Here is a full playthrough of the mission.
The video contains most of the campaign, so I setup the link below to start and stop appropriately.
Running time: 27 Minutes, 30 seconds.
Level Design & Building
- Adjust the existing level geometry to improve player flow and sightlines when needed.
- Work with FX artist to place and trigger FX such as sludge, smoke, electrical sparks, explosions, fire, etc.
- Work with sound designer to trigger SFX at the right time & place.
- Custom "forced slide" waterslide trigger.
- Custom scripted Kane boss death where he safely finds a place to play a death animation without falling into geometry.
- Custom scripted cinematic moment where player climbs on Kane's titan, takes his radio. This includes the HUD sequence that follows as the player's helmet interfaces with the radio.
- Hookup animations throughout the level (stalker opening door, friendly grunts talking to player, Kane intro, etc.)
- Dropships dropping off grunts and ticks.
- Utilize redirection techniques that guide the player to the proper direction through the level.
- Countless misc. scripting tasks such as doors, checkpoints, ghost helper, etc.
- Refine and balance combat encounters.
- Place cover, cover nodes, AI paths, triggers, etc.
- Ensure proper encounter pacing so that there are highs and lows in player interest curve during the level.
Story & Dialog
- Work with writer to write dialog that tells the level's story and begins to build the relationship between player and buddy titan.
- Integrate and trigger dialog and player/titan conversations throughout the level.